Monday, 3 June 2013
CCNA3 v2.0 Final Exam Answers Updated 2013 100%
1. Refer to the exhibit. Hosts A and B, connected to hub HB1, attempt to transmit a frame at the same time but a collision occurs. Which hosts will receive the collision jamming signal?
only hosts A and B
only hosts A, B, and C
only hosts A, B, C, and D
only hosts A, B, C, and E
2. Company policy requires disabling the command history buffer on network devices. An administrator enters terminal no history size at the command prompt on a Cisco Catalyst switch and receives no error messages back, but the command history buffer is still available. What is the problem?
The command contained a syntax error.
The Cisco IOS version does not support disabling the command history buffer.
The command history can only be disabled on a router, not a switch.
The size parameter reset the default buffer size but did not disable access to the buffer.
3. Refer to the exhibit. What would happen if the network administrator moved the network cable of Host A from interface Fa0/1 to Fa0/3 on switch SW1?
Host A remains a member of VLAN 10, because the router is routing traffic between VLANs.
Host A is no longer a member of VLAN 10, because port Fa0/3 has been manually assigned to VLAN 30.
Host A remains a member of VLAN 10, because the switch provides dynamic VLAN assignment for the port.
Host A maintains connectivity to all members of VLAN 10, because it is connected to the same physical network.
Host A is no longer a member of VLAN 10, but because port Fa0/3 was unused, it is now a member of VLAN 1.
4. What identifier in the BPDU creates a unique BID for a switch?
5. Refer to the exhibit. The devices in the network are operational and configured as indicated in the exhibit. However, hosts B and D cannot ping each other. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
The link between the switches is up but not trunked.
The Fa0/11 interface of Switch1 is not configured as a trunk.
Hosts B and D are configured with IP addresses from different subnets.
VLAN 20 and VLAN 30 are not allowed on the trunk between the switches.
6. Refer to the exhibit. Both switches are interconnected via a trunk link. Host A and host B are on the default VLAN but are not able to exchange traffic. What should be done to fix the problem?
Allow all VLANs on the trunk link.
Remove the native VLAN from the trunk.
Include a router or switch with Layer 3 capabilities.
Configure the same native VLAN on both ends of the trunk.
7. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator wants to allow both SSH and Telnet connections to Switch1. However, the SSH connections fail. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
The RSA key has been removed.
SSH has been configured on the wrong line.
The transport input command is applied incorrectly.
The domain name has been configured in the wrong configuration mode.
8. In which mode is a VTP switch operating if it has been configured to only forward VTP advertisements?
9. Which method establishes an administrative connection for configuring the Linksys WRT300N wireless access point?
Associate with the access point and then open a HyperTerminal session with the access point.
Physically connect to the access point and then reboot the computer to launch the configuration software.
From a computer in the same IP subnet as the access point, enter the default IP address of the access point in a web browser.
Modify the TCP/IP properties of the computer connected to the access point so that it exists on the same network, and then reboot your computer to establish a connection.
10. Which three statements are true regarding router-on-a-stick inter-VLAN routing? (Choose three.)
requires the use of subinterfaces on the router
requires an access link between the router and Layer 2 switch
more cost-efficient and scalable than using multiple physical interfaces
requires each subinterface to be configured with the no shutdown command
can impact performance if many VLANs compete for bandwidth on a single router interface
makes troubleshooting the inter-VLAN routing configuration much less complex than when using multiple physical interfaces
11. Refer to the exhibit. What does “FORWARDING” mean in the command output shown?
The switch is sending and receiving data frames.
The switch is receiving BPDUs, but not sending data frames.
The switch is participating in an election process by forwarding the BPDUs it receives.
The switch is receiving BPDUs and populating the MAC address table, but not sending data.
12. What are two benefits of the IEEE 802.11n standard over the IEEE 802.11G? (Choose two.)
requires less equipment
provides improved range
permits increased data rates
has a single-input and a single-output
needs no hardware upgrade for compatibility
13. Which parameter is used to uniquely identify one wireless network from another?
14. Refer to the exhibit. All hosts are in listen mode. Host 1 and Host 4 both transmit data at the same time. How do the hosts respond on the network? (Choose two.)
After the end of the jam signal, a backoff algorithm is invoked.
Hosts 1 and 4 are operating full duplex so no collision will exist.
The hub will block the port connected to Host 4 to prevent a collision.
Hosts 1 and 4 are assigned shorter backoff values to provide them priority to access the media.
If a host has data to transmit after the backoff period of that host, the host checks to determine if the line is idle before transmitting.
15. Refer to the exhibit. The hosts connected to switch SW1 are not able to communicate with the hosts in the same VLANs connected to switch SW2. What should be done to fix the problem?
Configure VLANs with different VLAN IDs on switch SW2.
Reconfigure the trunk port on switch SW2 with static trunk configuration.
Introduce a Layer 3 device or a switch with Layer 3 capability in the topology.
Apply IP addresses that are in the same subnet to the interfaces used to connect SW1 and SW2.
16. Which value determines if a switch becomes the central point of reference in the spanning tree topology?
lowest bridge ID
highest revision number
lowest numeric IP address
highest numeric MAC address
17. An administrator is troubleshooting a PC on the network which is suffering from slow and intermittent connectivity. The PC has a ping success rate to the default gateway of less than half the ping attempts. Other PCs on the switch can consistently ping the default gateway. The switch port is configured for auto duplex and the PC is configured for full duplex. What will commonly cause this problem?
The PC is set to full duplex. The switch port fails to autonegotiate the duplex setting and defaults to half duplex, which causes a duplex mismatch.
The switch traffic is exceeding available frame buffers. The result is that frames are being dropped.
The PC and the default gateway have different bandwidth Ethernet ports.
The default gateway is not on the same switch that the PC is.
18. What will be the effect of the command S1# copy system:running-config tftp://172.16.2.155/tokyo-config?
The IOS will be copied to the TFTP server.
The configuration file named tokyo-config will overwrite the startup configuration file on S1.
The running configuration file on S1 will be saved via TFTP to a file named tokyo-config.
The contents of NVRAM on S1 will become the startup configuration file on the tokyo switch.
19. What is an efficient and cost effective way to minimize the frequency and effects of broadcast storms on an Ethernet LAN?
Connect each PC directly to a router port.
Use access control lists to filter broadcasts from the network.
Divide the computers into separate VLANs on the existing switches.
Divide the computers into separate workgroups using different physical switches.
20. Which combination of DTP modes set on adjacent switches will cause the link to become an access link instead of a trunk link?
dynamic desirable – trunk
dynamic auto – dynamic auto
dynamic desirable – dynamic auto
dynamic desirable – dynamic desirable
21. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator needs to add IP phones to the network. To which devices should the IP phones connect?
AS1 and AS2
DS1 and DS2
DS1, DS2, and CS1
AS1, AS2, DS1, and DS2
22. Refer to the exhibit. This switch is to be added to the production network. Which two facts about VLANs and VTP operation can be confirmed by this output? (Choose two.)
The network administrator will be able to configure VLANs of local significance on this switch.
VLANs can only be added to the VLAN database on this switch by a VTP advertisement.
All VLANs that are configured on this switch will be sent to all other switches in the same VTP domain.
This switch will drop all VTP advertisements that come from switches that are configured in the same VTP domain.
Adding this switch to the network will cause no disruption in the VTP domain operations if the rest of the switches in the same VTP domain have a higher configuration revision number.
23. Refer to the exhibit. What does the term DYNAMIC indicate in the output that is shown?
This entry can only be removed from the MAC address table by a network administrator.
When forwarding a frame to the device with address 0060.5c5b.cd23, the switch does not have to perform a lookup to determine the final destination port.
Only the device with MAC address 0060.5c5b.cd23 will be allowed to connect to port Fa0/18.
The switch learned this MAC address from the source address in a frame received on Fa0/18.
24. Refer to the exhibit. Router R1 is properly configured for router on a stick inter-VLAN routing, but PC1 is unable to ping PC2. What needs to be done to resolve the problem?
Connect one more port of S1 to R1.
Configure the Fa0/1 port of S1 as a trunk port.
Move the Fa0/0 interface of R1 to another VLAN.
25. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has segmented the network into two VLANs. The connected hosts can only access resources in their own VLAN. What is the most scalable and cost effective solution to allow inter-VLAN communication in this network?
Replace S1 with a router that has one FastEthernet interface for each PC.
Add a second switch and divide the PCs so that each VLAN is connected to its own switch.
Configure a router with two subinterfaces on one of its FastEthernet ports and connect it to S1 using a trunk link.
Connect a router to a port on S1 and assign the IP address of VLAN1 to the connecting router interface.
26. Refer to the exhibit. What is the maximum number of VLANs that can be deleted from the Switch as it is configured?
27. Refer to the exhibit. A new switch, SW3, has been added to the network. The network administrator determines that VLAN information is not propagating to SW3. Which command will remedy the problem?
SW1(config)# vtp version 1
SW2(config)# vtp mode client
SW3(config)# vtp domain Cisco1
SW3(config)# vtp mode transparent
28. What advantage does cut-through switching provide?
It enables QoS
It forwards frames quickly.
It provides an analysis of frames.
It allows reduction of traffic by using error checking to drop corrupt frames.
29. Why is MAC address filtering considered a poor choice in securing a WLAN?
Available bandwidth is reduced.
MAC addresses are easily spoofed.
APs are more susceptible to DoS attacks.
The payload encryption is easily broken.
30. Refer to the exhibit. The commands are entered into switch SW1 as shown, and an 802.1q trunk is successfully established. How does switch SW1 handle the untagged traffic that is destined for the trunk?
SW1 will drop all untagged traffic.
SW1 will send all untagged traffic to VLAN 1.
SW1 will send all untagged traffic to VLAN 25.
SW1 will send untagged traffic to all VLANs that are configured on the trunk.
31. Which type of traffic can still be received on a switch interface that is in STP blocking mode?
Layer 3 packets
32. In a three-layer hierarchical network design, which distribution layer function delineates broadcast domains?
routing between VLANs
aggregating traffic flows
providing redundant links
reducing the network diameter
33. Why is it advisable that a network administrator use SSH instead of Telnet when managing switches?
SSH uses TCP whereas Telnet does not.
SSH encrypts only the username and password when logging in.
SSH encrypts all remote management communications whereas Telnet does not.
SSH sends a clear text message steam which reduces the bandwidth use for management.
34. Which service should be disabled on a Cisco switch or router to prevent packet sniffers from capturing information about the device?
35. Which switch forwarding method should be used on a network that employs frame classification based on an assigned Quality of Service (QoS) value?
36. Refer to the exhibit. The broadcast traffic from PC1 is consuming bandwidth on the interswitch trunks. What should be done to prevent this from happening?
Move PC1 to a port on SW3.
Move PC2 to a port on SW3.
Move PC1 to a port on SW2.
Enable pruning for VLAN10 on the VTP server.
Associate PC1 as a member of a new VLAN.
37. Refer to the exhibit. All switch interfaces are members of the same VLAN. What information is used by Switch1 to determine if incoming frames from the hosts should be forwarded to Router1?
the source address field in the IP header
the destination port number in the TCP header
the destination address field in the Layer 3 header
the destination address field in the Ethernet header
38. Refer to the exhibit. Switch SWB is not responding to VTP updates from switch SWA. What is a possible cause of the problem?
The VTP revision numbers are different.
The number of existing VLANs is different.
There is a password set on one of the switches.
The enable passwords are not set on the switches.
139. Which IEEE trunking protocol is used to encapsulate data traffic over a trunk link on a Cisco switch?
40. When an access point is placed near the outside wall of a building, which implementation design procedure should be used?
Disable SSID cloaking.
Lower the encryption level.
Decrease the power setting.
Disable MAC address filtering.
Modify the Network Mode to Wireless-G.
41. A network technician is attempting to configure 802.1q trunking on switch ports Fa0/5 through Fa0/10. Which set of commands will accomplish this task?
Correct answer is image two.
42. Refer to the exhibit. Although they are directly connected, switch SWA is not exchanging VLAN information with switch SWC. What can be done to correct this problem?
Change the hostname of SWA to SWC.
Change the hostname of SWC to SWA.
Change the VTP version of SWA to version 1.
Change the VTP operating mode of SWA to transparent.
143. Refer to the exhibit. A technician is troubleshooting a trunk problem between switches SW1 and SW2. What should be done to remedy the problem?
“Negotiation of Trunking” on both switches should be turned off.
“Administrative Mode” on switch SW1 should be configured as dynamic auto.
“Trunking Native Mode VLAN” on switch SW2 should be configured as VLAN 100.
“Operational Mode” on both switches should be configured as static access.
44. What allows WLAN clients to learn which networks and access points are available in an area?
45. What technique is a security attack that depletes the pool of IP addresses available for legitimate hosts?
46. Refer to the exhibit. All edge ports are configured with the spanning-tree portfast command. Host1 is recently connected to port Fa0/1 on switch SW1. Which statement is true about the status of port Fa0/1?
The port will transition into blocking state.
The port will transition immediately into forwarding state.
The port will transition into blocking state and then immediately into forwarding state.
The port will transition into blocking state and immediately transition through the listening and learning states.
147. Which two devices can cause interference with the operation of a WLAN because they operate on similar frequencies? (Choose two.)
48. What is a result of improperly implementing a network with redundancy at Layer 2?
an increase of unicast and multicast errors at Layer 3
a decrease in the amount of broadcast traffic
end device malfunction because of broadcast storms
an increase in throughput at all points in the network
49. Which statement is correct about STP architecture?
Spanning Tree Protocol will guarantee a loop free Layer 2 topology.
Spanning Tree Protocol guarantees the shortest path to destination networks.
The switch with the highest priority will be assigned the lowest BID in the root election.
The first step in the spanning-tree election process is to determine the root port.
To select designated ports, the spanning-tree algorithm must determine the longest contiguous path from the root bridge.
50. What is a function or characteristic of the native VLAN?
It is the VLAN that supports untagged traffic on an 802.1Q trunk.
It is always assigned to VLAN 1 for backward compatibility.
It is always the same VLAN number for all trunks within an organization.
It is used as the management VLAN throughout the entire switched network.