Monday, 3 June 2013
CCNA3 v3.0 Final Exam Answers Updated 2013 100%
1. Refer to the exhibit. The Layer 2 switching design that is shown has been implemented in a campus environment that is using Spanning Tree Protocol. All inter-switch links that are shown are trunks. Whenever an inter-switch link fails, the network takes nearly a minute to completely converge. How can the convergence time be reduced?
Increase the capacity of the distribution and core trunk links to 10 Gb/s.
Add a trunk link that directly connects D1 and D2.
Use Layer 3 switching on the core switch.
Implement Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol
2. Refer to the exhibit. R1 is configured for traditional inter-VLAN routing. R1 can ping computer 3 but cannot ping computer 1. What is a possible cause for this failure?
S1 port Fa0/11 is in the wrong VLAN.
R1 does not have an active routing protocol.
The IP address of computer 1 is in the wrong logical network.
Router interface Fa0/0 has the wrong trunk encapsulation type configured.
3. Refer to the exhibit. What will allow a host on VLAN 40 on switch X to communicate with a host in VLAN 40 on switch Y?
4. Why is it important that the network administrator consider the spanning-tree network diameter when choosing the root bridge?
The network diameter limitation is 9.
BPDUs may be discarded because of expiring timers.
The cabling distance between the switches is 100 meters.
The network diameter must be set to the number of meters of the cable between the root bridge and its farthest connected switch.
5. In which mode is a VTP switch operating if it has been configured to only forward VTP advertisements?
6. Which method establishes an administrative connection for configuring the Linksys WRT300N wireless access point?
Associate with the access point and then open a HyperTerminal session with the access point.
Physically connect to the access point and then reboot the computer to launch the configuration software.
From a computer in the same IP subnet as the access point, enter the default IP address of the access point in a web browser.
Modify the TCP/IP properties of the computer connected to the access point so that it exists on the same network, and then reboot your computer to establish a connection
7. Refer to the exhibit. Hosts PC_A and PC_B send traffic simultaneously, and the frames from the transmitting stations collide. What is the last device to receive the collision?
8. Refer to the exhibit. The hosts connected to switch SW1 are not able to communicate with the hosts in the same VLANs connected to switch SW2. What should be done to fix the problem?
Configure VLANs with different VLAN IDs on switch SW2.
Reconfigure the trunk port on switch SW2 with static trunk configuration.
Introduce a Layer 3 device or a switch with Layer 3 capability in the topology.
Apply IP addresses that are in the same subnet to the interfaces used to connect SW1 and SW2
9. Which value determines if a switch becomes the central point of reference in the spanning tree topology?
lowest bridge ID
highest revision number
lowest numeric IP address
highest numeric MAC address
10. Refer to the exhibit. What would happen if the network administrator moved the network cable of Host A from interface Fa0/1 to Fa0/3 on switch SW1?
Host A remains a member of VLAN 10, because the router is routing traffic between VLANs.
Host A is no longer a member of VLAN 10, because port Fa0/3 has been manually assigned to VLAN 30.
Host A remains a member of VLAN 10, because the switch provides dynamic VLAN assignment for the port.
Host A maintains connectivity to all members of VLAN 10, because it is connected to the same physical network.
Host A is no longer a member of VLAN 10, but because port Fa0/3 was unused, it is now a member of VLAN 1.
11. A network administrator is asked to connect four switches that are each configured with eight VLANs. Routers that have two FastEthernet ports each that support trunking are available. What is the minimum number of routers needed to interconnect traffic from all of the VLANs if trunking is allowed?
12. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator needs to add IP phones to the network. To which devices should the IP phones connect?
AS1 and AS2
DS1 and DS2
DS1, DS2, and CS1
AS1, AS2, DS1, and DS2
13. Refer to the exhibit. What happens when a frame from a source MAC address different from 00a8.d2e4.ba27 reaches switch port 0/5?
The frame is dropped.
The port is shut down.
An error message is displayed.
FastEthernet port 0/5 will show an err-disabled message
14. Refer to the exhibit. What does the term DYNAMIC indicate in the output that is shown?
This entry can only be removed from the MAC address table by a network administrator.
When forwarding a frame to the device with address 0060.5c5b.cd23, the switch does not have to perform a lookup to determine the final destination port.
Only the device with MAC address 0060.5c5b.cd23 will be allowed to connect to port Fa0/18.
The switch learned this MAC address from the source address in a frame received on Fa0/18
15. What is the purpose of the switch command switchport access vlan 99?
to enable port security
to make the port operational
to assign the port to a particular VLAN
to designate the VLAN that does not get tagged
to assign the port to the native VLAN (VLAN 99)
16. Refer to the exhibit. Router RA receives a packet with a source address of 192.168.1.65 and a destination address of 192.168.1.161. What will the router do with this packet?
The router will drop the packet.
The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.1.
The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.2.
The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.3.
The router will forward the packet out interface FastEthernet 0/1.2 and interface FastEthernet 0/1.3
17. Refer to the exhibit. A new host needs to be connected to VLAN 3. Which IP address should be assigned to this new host?
18. What is the purpose of the Spanning Tree algorithm?
It propagates VLAN configurations to other switches.
It restricts broadcast packets to a single VLAN.
It segments a network into multiple broadcast domains.
It prevents loops in a switched network with redundant paths
19. What are two requirements for configuring inter-VLAN routing using the router-on-a-stick model? (Choose two.)
Each subinterface should be configured with its own IP address, subnet mask, and unique VLAN assignment.
The physical interface of the router must be connected to a trunk link on the adjacent switch.
The number of physical interfaces on the router should match the number of VLANs.
Different static VLANs should be assigned to different interfaces of the router.
The router should be configured as the VTP server.
20. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has segmented the network into two VLANs. The connected hosts can only access resources in their own VLAN. What is the most scalable and cost effective solution to allow inter-VLAN communication in this network?
Replace S1 with a router that has one FastEthernet interface for each PC.
Add a second switch and divide the PCs so that each VLAN is connected to its own switch.
Configure a router with two subinterfaces on one of its FastEthernet ports and connect it to S1 using a trunk link.
Connect a router to a port on S1 and assign the IP address of VLAN1 to the connecting router interface.
21. Refer to the exhibit. Users A and B are reporting intermittent connectivity problems. Pre-installation surveys showed strong signal strength from the AP locations to the client locations. Outside electrical interference has been eliminated. What will fix the problem?
Relocate the APs closer to each other.
Increase the distance between the clients.
Change the channel on AP-B to 6 or 11.
Place AP-A and AP-B on the same wireless channel
22. How does a switch that is configured for 802.1Q trunking handle untagged frames that are received on a trunk port?
The frames are dropped.
The frames are assigned to the native VLAN.
The frames are assigned to the default VLAN.
The frames are assigned to the management VLAN.
23. While configuring a new switch, a network administrator configures the switch as an HTTP server. What benefits does this configuration provide?
This allows the switch to host web pages for the network.
This allows remote VPN connections to the switch over the Internet.
This is required if a web server or web farm is attached to the switch.
This allows web-based configuration tools to be used with the switch.
24. A wireless LAN access point will convert traffic between which two frame encapsulation types?
802.1 and 802.11
802.3 and 802.11
802.3 and 802.16
802.5 and 802.16
25. Refer to the exhibit. A new switch, SW3, has been added to the network. The network administrator determines that VLAN information is not propagating to SW3. Which command will remedy the problem?
SW1(config)# vtp version 1
SW2(config)# vtp mode client
SW3(config)# vtp domain Cisco1
SW3(config)# vtp mode transparent
26. Refer to the exhibit. The network consists of four hubs and a switch. The hosts connected to each hub are assigned addresses in the respective VLAN as shown. PC1 on VLAN 1 becomes infected with a virus and initiates a continuous IP broadcast. Which hubs will receive the broadcasts?
Hubs A and B
Hubs A and C
Hubs A, B, C, and D
27. Using the command copy tftp:backup.cfg startup-config, an administrator downloaded a saved configuration from a TFTP server to a switch. Why does the administrator not detect any changes in the switch configuration after the download completes?
The command should have been copy startup-config tftp:backup.cfg.
A backup configuration from a TFTP server cannot be copied directly into the startup-config.
The command copy running-config startup-config should be used to save the changes on the switch.
Downloading to the startup-config requires the switch to be reloaded in order for the configuration to take effect.
28. Refer to the exhibit. Each switch is configured to participate in STP for VLANs 1, 10, 20, and 30. Which switch will become the root for VLAN 20?
29. What is the benefit of the auto-MDIX feature on a Cisco Catalyst switch?
dynamically assigns a new management VLAN ID
autonegotiates IP address information for initial management connections
allows the use of straight-through patch cables regardless of connected device types
places a port immediately in the forwarding state to reduce the time for the spanning tree to reconverge
30. Refer to the exhibit. Which two settings show the default value of VTP configuration on a Cisco 2960 switch? (Choose two.)
31. Why is it advisable that a network administrator use SSH instead of Telnet when managing switches?
SSH uses TCP whereas Telnet does not.
SSH encrypts only the username and password when logging in.
SSH encrypts all remote management communications whereas Telnet does not.
SSH sends a clear text message steam which reduces the bandwidth use for management.
32. What information in an Ethernet frame is used by a Layer 2 switch to build its address table?
source IP address
source MAC address
destination IP address
destination MAC address
33. What are two characteristics of normal range VLANs? (Choose two.)
not learned by VTP
stored in vlan.dat file
designed for service providers
can contain ports used as trunks
identified by a VLAN ID between 1 and 1005
34. Refer to the exhibit. Switch SWB is not responding to VTP updates from switch SWA. What is a possible cause of the problem?
The VTP revision numbers are different.
The number of existing VLANs is different.
There is a password set on one of the switches.
The enable passwords are not set on the switches
35. What benefit does 802.1x provide to a wireless network?
increased wireless range
faster wireless throughput
centralized user authentication
quality of service to differentiate high priority traffic
36. What type of message do wireless clients transmit when they are searching for a specific wireless network?
37. A network administrator enters the enable command at the Switch> prompt of a new switch. What mode will the switch enter?
privileged EXEC mode
user EXEC mode
38. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator needs to remove the east-hosts VLAN and use the switch port from that VLAN in one of the existing VLANs. Which two sets of commands should be used when completely removing VLAN 2 from S1-Central while leaving the switch and all its interfaces operational? (Choose two.)
S1-Central# erase flash:
S1-Central# delete flash:vlan.dat
S1-Central# configure terminal
S1-Central(config)# no vlan 2
S1-Central# configure terminal
S1-Central(config)# interface fastethernet 0/1
S1-Central(config-if)# switchport access vlan 3
39. Which feature is uniquely found in an access layer switch within a hierarchical network model?
Power over Ethernet
access control lists
Layer 3 routing capabilities
40. Why is priority configured in 4096 increments when using PVST+?
Use of the extended bridge ID leaves only four bits for the bridge priority.
It is only a recommended value and could be any number between 1 and 65535.
PVST+ requires the use of values that can be divided equally into 32768 and not leave a remainder.
The MAC address uses eight bytes of the bridge ID leaving only two bytes for the bridge priority value.
41. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring RT1 for inter-VLAN routing. The switch is configured correctly and is functional. Host1, Host2, and Host3 cannot communicate with each other. Based on the router configuration, what is causing the problem?
Interface Fa0/0 is missing IP address configuration information.
IP addresses on the subinterfaces are incorrectly matched to the VLANs.
Each subinterface of Fa0/0 needs separate no shutdown commands.
Routers do not support 802.1Q encapsulation on subinterfaces
42. What happens when the crypto key zeroize rsa command is entered on a switch configured with thetransport input ssh command on the vty lines?
A new RSA key pair is created.
The switch defaults to allowing Telnet connections only.
The switch is no longer able to make SSH connections as an SSH client.
The switch allows remote connections only after a new RSA key pair is generated
43. What three tasks should be performed before moving a Catalyst switch to another VTP management domain? (Choose three.)
Select the correct VTP mode and version.
Configure the switch with the name of the new management domain.
Download the VTP database from the VTP server in the new domain.
Configure the VTP server in the new domain to recognize the BID of the switch.
Reset the VTP counters to allow the switch to synchronize with the other switches in the new domain.
Verify that the switch has a lower configuration revision number than the other switches in the new domain.
44. An administrator is troubleshooting a PC on the network which is suffering from slow and intermittent connectivity. The PC has a ping success rate to the default gateway of less than half the ping attempts. Other PCs on the switch can consistently ping the default gateway. The switch port is configured for auto duplex and the PC is configured for full duplex. What will commonly cause this problem?
The PC is set to full duplex. The switch port fails to autonegotiate the duplex setting and defaults to half duplex, which causes a duplex mismatch.
The switch traffic is exceeding available frame buffers. The result is that frames are being dropped.
The PC and the default gateway have different bandwidth Ethernet ports.
The default gateway is not on the same switch that the PC is.
45. Refer to the exhibit. What does “LEARNING” mean as it relates to the Spanning Tree Protocol?
The switch is sending and receiving data frames.
The switch is not receiving BPDUs, but is sending and receiving data.
The switch is participating in the election process by forwarding the BPDUs it receives.
The switch is receiving BPDUs and populating the MAC address table, but not sending data.
46. What does TKIP have in common with AES?
Both encrypt Layer 2 payloads.
Both authenticate using a shared key.
They both use sequence numbers to ensure that all packets arrive.
They both use data from the MAC header to verify the integrity of the data.
47. What operational change will occur if an 802.11b client associates with an access point that is currently supporting clients utilizing 802.11g?
The 802.11g clients will disassociate from the AP.
The 802.11g clients will operate at reduced speeds.
The 802.11b client will never gain access to the channel.
The 802.11b client will not be able to establish an IP session with any of the other 802.11g clients.
48. Which configuration changes will increment the configuration revision number on the VTP server?
configuring trunk links on the VTP server
configuring or changing the VTP password
configuring or changing the VTP domain name
configuring or changing the VTP version number
configuring or deleting a VLAN or creating a VLAN name
49. Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator has segmented the network into two VLANs and configured R1 and S1 as displayed. However, PC1 is unable to access PC2. What is the likely problem?
No routing protocol is configured on R1.
The Fa0/1 port of S1 is not a trunk port.
The default gateway address is not set on S1.
Only one physical link between S1 and R1 is configured for inter-VLAN routing.
50. A network administrator issued the erase nvram: command on a switch. What will be the outcome of the command?
It will clear the contents of the MAC table.
It will clear the contents of the VLAN database.
It will clear the contents of the startup configuration file.
It will clear the contents of the running configuration file.